With the cessation of BTO by PBAS and the removal of the center divider sparkle an interest for people who always wanted to play competitively but do not want to go through the hassle of a BTO (trademark to Singapore...). So where do they go now?
1) Attend paintball clinics
2) Read and understand the rules of the game, http://www.xtionpaintball.com/doc1/PALS-RULEBOOK.pdf. *Take note that different tournament has different game rules e.g. ROF, hand signs, field exit after elimination, etc.
3) Join an existing paintball team
4) Play competitive skirmishes
5) Get someone to coach the team
6) Watch Youtube videos and try to understand the rules and format
7) Participate in a local mini paintball tournament
There you go...